Well, it’s that time of year again. Yes, it’s November. And what does that mean for the consumer goddess within us all? It’s time to race out (or onto your computer) and nab your beloved 2020 Beauty Advent Calendar for your favorite brand before they are all gone into thin air.
Yes, quicker than I can say, Charlotte Tilbury Advent Calendar, they will no longer exist. Like a gadget from a James Bond film, something about self-destructing? No? Moving on. Ahem.
So, in the meantime, let’s indulge and take a look at the relatively new phenomena that is the beauty advent calendar.
When I was a kid, we were happy just to get an advent calendar with a chocolate behind each door. It was so much fun!
But look how far we have come? You can now give (or get, let’s not deny it!) some of the best crowd favorites and high-end luxury beauty brands for a very reasonable price, so why wouldn’t you?
Perhaps that goes some way to explain why they are such commodities every year and so hard to obtain before they are all gone from stores.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information. Having said that, I only ever recommend products or services that I truly love and stand behind!
Let’s take a look at some of my favorite for the year 2020. And this is your warning: there are spoilers ahead!!
There has to be something good to come out of this year, right?
Sephora Wild Wishes
At around the $45.00 mark, this is one of the more budget-friendly of our beauty advent calendar options. And it feels affordable if I can be so kind.
It’s not that it doesn’t feature lots of great goodies. Still, one gets the feeling that Sephora really doesn’t emotionally or financially invest in their advent calendars the way some of the other brands I shall explore do.
Not that there’s anything wrong with that!
Nevertheless, I wanted to mention it because it’s still lots of FUN! For folks of all ages, I say! It’s fun because it contains all of the following delights over the days of Christmas. Wild Wishes is available at Sephora here.
The Sephora Wild Wishes Calendar contains the following:
- 2 x Fizzing Bath Stars in Moonlight Swim, Let‘s Have Fun!
- Girls Night Out Eyeshadow Pan N°216
- All Day Hydrator – Hydrate & Glow (Mini)
- Bright Skin Exfoliating Scrub – Exfoliate + Smooth (Mini)
- Soothing and de-puffing Cucumber Eye-Masks
- 2 x Express Nail Polish Remover Wipes
- Nose Mask – Pineapple – Pore Perfecting and Smoothing
- Cream Lip Stain in Always Red
- Lipstories Lipstick in Spring Break 36
- 2 x Color Hit Nail Lacquers in L43 It Girl, 140 Enchanted World (Mini)
- Eye Pencil To Go – 09 Intense Black (Mini)
- Coconut Lip Balm – Nourishing and Smoothing
- Shea Lip Mask – Moisturizing and Smoothing
- 2 x Shower Cream Caps in Lagoon, Cotton Flower
- Charcoal Nose Strip
- Triple Action Cleansing Water (Mini)
- Rose Gold Hair Clip
- 2 x Hair Ribbons
- Nail File (Mini)
- Pocket Mirror
Benefit Shake Your Beauty
Benefit’s contribution to the 2020 Advent Calendar race opens up in a fun, accordion-style presentation. First of all, let’s not deny the use of a good pun. ‘Shake Your Beauty.’ That’s about as good as it gets, right?
Well, Shake Your Beauty comes in around the $65.00 mark, and it’s 12 days of Christmas goodies are worth well over $100. Great value and another fun contender.
Shake Your Beauty contains the following:
- Mini Hoola Matte Bronzer
- BlackRoller Liner Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
- Porefessional Face Primer
- Dandelion Brightening Finishing Powder
- Porefessional Hydrating Primer
- Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel in Shade 3
- Brow Setter Shaping and Setting Gel
- They’re Real! Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara
- They‘re Real! Tinted Primer
- Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara
- BADgal BANG! Volumizing Mascara
- Precisely, My Brow Pencil Ultra-Fine Shape & Define in Shade 3
Kiehl’s Limited Edition Skincare Advent Calendar
Kiehl’s have partnered with illustrator and artist Maite Franchi to present this super cute and funny advent calendar full of all of your Kiehl’s favorites and stalwart products. I love their Midnight Recovery Serum, among many other products I’ve tried, tested, and relied upon over the years.
Their Limited Edition Skin Care Advent Calendar retails for around $98.00, and you can find it here while stocks last. And they are proud to announce it’s made from 100% recyclable materials, which may stave off just the slightest guilt for these most indulgent but delightful of advents.
Kiehl’s Skin Care Advent Calendar contains the following:
- Super Multi-Corrective Cream 7ml
- Midnight Recovery Concentrate 4ml
- Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque 14ml
- Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner 40ml
- Lip Balm #1 15ml
- Creme de Corps 30ml
- Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution 4ml
- Midnight Recovery Eye 3ml
- Amino Acid Shampoo 65ml
- Amino Acid Conditioner 65ml
- Ultra Facial Cleanser 30ml
- Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado 14ml
- Facial Fuel Moisturiser 15ml
- Hydroplump Retexturizing Serum 5ml
- Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash 30ml
- Powerful-Strength Line-reducing & Dark Circle-Diminishing Vitamin C Eye Serum 3ml
- Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil 40ml
- Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate 5ml
- Avocado Nourishing Hydration Mask 10g
- Calendula Water Cream 7ml
- Vital Skin Strengthening Super Serum 4ml
- Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream 28ml
- Ultra Facial Cream 28ml
Olive & June 25 Days of Mani Magic!
I’m so excited to add this beauty to my list of picks for 2020. This is my favorite nail care brand. And might I add, their first year for presenting an advent calendar.
If you haven’t checked out the seasonal color ranges in the Olive & June selection, please do so as soon as you have picked up their calendar. Their colors are like no other brand.
Olive & June Advent Calendar contains the following:
- 1 Mini Top Coat
- 2 Mini Poppys
- 1 Mini Remover Pot
- 1 Mini Clean Up Brush
- 9 Mini Polishes in our most festive shades
- 1 Mini Cuticle Serum
- 1 Mini Nail File
- 7 Mini Nail Art Sticker packs
- 1 Mini Buffer
- 1 Mini Heart Nail File
So pop on over to the Olive & June website to jump on this incredible deal and get yourself some beautiful nail polish colors and products before they disappear completely!
L’Occitane Signature Holiday Advent Calendar
L’Occitane has gone all out this year with presenting not one, not two but three Beauty Advent Calendars for the holiday season! That’s right, THREE!
I love L’Occitane. I’m especially partial to their hand creams, as they are just so smooth and luxurious. I often find myself picking up a travel-size hand cream at the departure lounge before flying. So convenient and smell gorgeous too.
Utter Musings has sampled the 2019 calendar, which at the $64.00 mark, and with a very similar product line-up to its 2020 counterpart of almost double the price, that’s a great bargain.
You can purchase the available 2019 advent calendar pictured right here.
- Almond Delicious Hands
- Aqua Réotier Ultra Thirst-Quenching Gel
- Almond Milk Concentrate
- Almond Shower Oil
- Aqua Réotier Water Gel Cleanser
- Aromachologie Revitalizing Sugar Cube
- Cherry Blossom Bath & Shower Gel
- Cherry Blossom Hand Cream
- Immortelle Precious Cream
- Lavender Hand Cream
- Rose Hand Cream
- Shea Butter Foot Cream
- Shea Butter Hand Cream
- Soap with Verbena Leaves
- Shea Butter Intensive Hand Balm
- Shea Butter Milk Extra-Gentle Soap
- Verbena Body Lotion
- Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream
- Shea Butter Ultra Rich Lip Balm
- Verbena Cooling Hand Cream Gel
- Shea Light Comforting Cream
- Verbena Shower Gel
- 5 Essential Oils Conditioner
- 5 Essential Oils Shampoo
Don’t forget to check out their current samplings as well – first, the slightly more impressive 2020 Signature Holiday Advent Calendar here. And the even more sumptuous and more expensive 2020 Premium Holiday Advent Calendar here.
If you’re looking for chic style and no expense spared clean lines and luxury, then look no further than Jo Malone. Hopefully, if your fingers are firmly crossed, you can still order this directly from Jo Malone London here and if you are out of luck, take a look at Saks Fifth Ave here for their availability. This will sell out soon.
Featuring some heavenly scented candles and beautiful bath and body products, as well as the odd fragrance, this is truly a gorgeous piece of holiday indulgence for the one you love. Just beautiful.
The Jo Malone 24 piece advent calendar contains the following:
- Pine & Eucalyptus Miniature Candle
- Honeysuckle & Davana Cologne 9ml
- Wild Bluebell Body & Hand Wash 30ml
- Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne 9ml
- Myrrh & Tonka Cologne Intense 9ml
- Peony & Blush Suede Miniature Candle 35g
- Pomegranate Noir Cologne 9ml
- Dark Amber & Ginger Lily Cologne Intense 9ml
- Poppy & Barley Cologne 9ml
- Blackberry & Bay Body Crème 50ml
- Velvet Rose & Oud Cologne Intense 9ml
- Wild Bluebell Cologne 9ml
- Red Roses Body & Hand Wash 15ml
- Oud & Bergamot Cologne Intense 9ml
- Green Tomato Leaf Miniature Candle 35g
- Lime Basil & Mandarin Cologne 9ml
- Tuberose Angelica Cologne Intense 9ml
- Lime Basil & Mandarin Hand Cream 15ml
- English Pear & Freesia Cologne 9ml
- Sweet Almond & Macaroon Miniature Candle 35g
- Blackberry & Bay Cologne 9ml
- Vetiver & Golden Vanilla Cologne Intense 9ml
- Peony & Blush Suede Cologne 9ml
- English Pear & Freesia Mini Soap 50g
For the grown-up in us all. Did I mention this is one of my absolute favorites out of the calendars I am sharing here?
The packaging is even more spectacular in real life. The subtle iodized silver trim reflects all the rainbow colors, depending on how you look at it. Just exquisite!
You can find this gorgeous grouping of Molton Brown’s finest from their website here.
Molton Brown Advent Calendar Contains the Following:
- Vintage With Elderflower Festive Bauble 75ml
- Vintage With Elderflower Body Lotion 50ml
- Jasmine & Sun Rose Exquisite Bathing Oil 45ml
- Juniper Jazz Eau de Toilette 7.5ml
- Delicious Rhubarb & Rose Hand Cream 40ml
- Tobacco Absolute Mini candle
- Coastal Cypress & Sea Fennel Fine Liquid Hand Wash 50ml
- Geranium Nefertum Bath & Shower Gel 50ml
- Geranium Nefertum Eau de Parfum 7.5ml
- Orange & Bergamot Radiant Body Oil 45ml
- Orange & Bergamot Hand Cream 40ml
- Heavenly Gingerlily Bath & Shower Gel 50ml
- Heavenly Gingerlily Body Lotion 50ml
- Muddled Plum Festive Bauble 75ml
- Vitamin Lipsaver 10ml
- Delicious Rhubarb & Rose Mini Candle
- Volumising Shampoo With Kumudu 50ml
- Volumising Conditioner With Kumudu 50ml
- Fiery Pink Pepper Hand Cream 40ml
- Jasmine & Sun Rose Bath & Shower Gel 50ml
- Anti-fatigue Bai Ji Eye Gel 15ml
- Heavenly Gingerlily Caressing Body Oil 45ml
- Fiery Pink Pepper Festive Bauble 75ml
- Re-charge Black Pepper Eau de Toilette 7.5m
Ah, my beloved Dr. Hauschka.
Anyone that knows anything about me knows I love this brand. I have been a dedicated customer for probably around 20 years now. Oh, I must do a blog post dedicated to my love of all things Hauschka and my faves in their line one day soon.
Therefore, it is unquestionable that I explore their 2020 Advent Calendar.
It’s less elaborate than a lot of its competitors, but that’s not to say that the calendar lacks class. It is simple in design and structure, but the function is still entirely the same.
So if you know anyone that’s as devoted to Hauschka as I am, then at $75.00 with almost double that in value, you can’t go wrong.
Find the Dr. Hauschka Advent Calendar here.
Dr Hauschka Calendar Contains the Following:
- Quince Body Milk 10ml
- Quince Day Cream 5ml
- Eye Cream 2.5ml
- Lemon Body Milk 10ml
- Soothing Mask 5ml
- Lavender Body Oil 10ml
- Cleansing Cream 10ml
- Facial Toner 10ml
- Melissa Day Cream 5ml
- Hydrating Hand Cream 10ml
- Lavender Body Cream 10ml
- Regenerating Day Cream 5ml
- Hydrating Cream Mask 5ml
- Translucent Bronzing Tint 2.5ml
- Rose Body Cream 10ml
- Soothing Cleansing Milk 10ml
- Facial Toner 10ml
- Rose Day Cream Light 5ml
- Revitalizing Mask 5ml
- Regenerating Day Complexion 5ml
- Ice Plant Hand Cream 10ml
- Revitalizing Day Cream 5ml
- Almond Body Cream 10ml
- Rose Day Cream 30ml
Glossybox Reasons to be Happy 2020 Advent Calendar
Oh, how I love all that is Glossy.
The 2020 Reasons to be Happy Glossybox Advent Calendar is no exception to the rule.
This exemplary soft, girly indulgence collection is worth over $550 and is available for just $99.00. And for the first time, it features products from the very own Glossybox range.
And if you’re a Glossybox subscriber, it will only set you back $80.00! That has to be one of the best value for money advents in the bunch!
The Glossybox Calendar is presented in almost it’s own mini-vanity. Features 25 beauty products, including 19 full-sized products.
Reasons to be Happy. Here’s 25! Glossybox Advent Calendar contains the following:
- Brushworks HD Complexion & Contouring Sponge Set
- Illamasqua Liquid Eyeliner
- Laboratoires Filorga Paris NCEF-REVERSE Supreme Multi-Correction Cream
- Pixi Glow Mist
- Lime Crime Mini Velvetines Liquid Lipstick
- Lee Stafford Hair Apology 10-in-1 Treatment Spray
- GLOSSYBOX Skincare 3-in-1 Moisturiser
- Bubble T Winter Berries Bath Bomb Fizzers
- MUA Cosmetics Eyebrow Pencil
- Zoeva Screen Queen Highlighting Palette
- Frank Body Original Coffee Scrub
- Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask
- Sunday Riley Good Genes Glycolic Acid Treatment
- Ecooking Hand Cream
- Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick
- bareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer
- The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask
- Sleek Makeup Loose Pigment
- The Vintage Cosmetic Company Polly Bow Make-up Headband
- Huda Beauty Power Bullet Matte Lipstick in Wedding Day
- Avant Skincare 3-1 Hyaluron-Filler Collagen Eye Formula
- Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
- KVD Vegan Beauty Go Big Or Go Home Mascara Trooper in Black
- Nails.Inc Victoria Nail Polish
- Iconic London Day to Slay Eyeshadow Palette
Get your Glossybox here while they still exist. I can tell you they will not last long!
And that is it! I hope you have enjoyed gathering some of my top picks for 2020 beauty advent calendars, for all price ranges, and all beauty fans alike.
Please go out and get them now and make someone very happy throughout December!
What’s your favorite advent calendar? Did I list it above? Please comment below; I really do love hearing from you!